THE LINKAGE SERVICE
The Linkage Service can only be accessed through a referral from your Probation Officer. If you are interested in becoming a client of the Linkage Service you should first speak to your Probation Officer or Community Service Supervisor who must make the referral to one of our Training and Employment Officers for you.
Once we receive a referral from your Probation Officer, we will meet with you in your local Probation office and take it from there.
THE LINKAGE TEO CAN HELP YOU WITH THINGS LIKE:
· Career guidance
· Personality profile
· Building your confidence
· Reading and writing skills
· Looking at your interests
· Finding and keeping a job
· Finding a college/training course
· Writing a CV/Cover Letter
· CAO application
· Disclosing your offence
If you have any questions, please contact our head office on 018662706.
OUR PRISON BASED SERVICES
Our prison based services can only be accessed through a referral from someone in the prison, such as the Integrated Sentence Management (ISM) officer, psychologist, Governor, Chief Officer, Medical Unit, Chaplain etc.
THE GATE SERVICE
The GATE Service Training and Employment Officer can:
- Provide life guidance
- Help plan for release
- Identify suitable training, education and employment opportunities and assist the prisoner in accessing these, both in prison and in the community.
- Help with CV writing and interview skills.
THE RESETTLEMENT SERVICE
The Resettlement Coordinator can offer information, advice and support with the following:
- Pre and post release planning
- Access to emergency accommodation
- Housing applications
- Medical Card applications
- Social Welfare benefits
- Access to services after release e.g. mental health, addiction supports
- Liaise with authorities and manage applications on behalf of the prisoner
If you are awaiting sentence and wish to be referred to one of our services, speak to someone in the prison such as the Integrated Sentence Management (ISM) officer, psychologist, Governor, Chief Officer, Medical Unit or Chaplain, who can make a referral to an IASIO TEO or RC at an appropriate stage of your sentence.
If you are seeking information on behalf of a prisoner, encourage them to speak to any of those listed above, and ask to be referred to one of our Services.
If you have any questions, please contact our head office on 01 866 2706.